We want highly motivated adult learners, post 9/11 veterans, veterans’ spouses, and caregivers who are interested in a profession in media. Our students are creative, eager to learn, and want to gain professional training.
Our application process runs from early October to late January. Fall classes begin August 23rd.
1. Pay us a visit
Sign up for a tour to determine if the Institute for Advanced Media is the right fit for you. Schedule a tour by contacting Donna Sodipo.
2. Complete the application
Applications must be submitted by January 18th for Spring semester.
Submit complete application with all supplementary documents to:
Donna Sodipo, Senior Vice President of Education
1049 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06105
3. Submit short answer responses
Please allow a paragraph per question and keep in mind grammar, spelling, and a formal writing style.
‣ Why have you chosen the IAM program at CPBN?
‣ How will completing the IAM program help or influence your future?
‣ If you could choose one moment in your life that stands out against all others, what would it be?
‣ How has this moment in time impacted your goals for the future?
4. Send in the supplementary materials
Your application is complete when all supporting documents on this list have been submitted.
‣ Educational verification (Most recent educational transcript(s)- High school diploma, GED, or college transcript)
‣ Proof of residency (A copy of a bill or lease if your primary residence differs from address listed on photo identification)
‣ Photo identification (Government issued ID: military, passport, driver’s license)
‣ Current resume
‣ Computer assessment (Students must complete a basic computer proficiency test administered by the school)
For post 9/11 veterans, and their spouses or caregivers:
‣ DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. This document can be obtained from the National Archives)
5. Wait for acceptance notification
We’re eager for you to join us here at IAM. Prospective students receive decisions within a few weeks of submitting an application. Seats fill up quickly so apply soon!
6. Come to class!
After acceptance, students have the ability to sit-in on professional development seminars, guest speakers, and other events. Classes begin on August 23rd!